From Sprout to Splendor From Sprout to Splendor

Fairly difficult for the first few minutes, but after you get an upgrade or two it almost becomes a waiting game. I love the idea, but the game play needs to be expanded as many have mentioned already. Perhaps you could add a manual defense to create a multi-task element to the game. I'd also like to see a more gradual development of the plant's defenses. Very good start to a potentially fantastic game.

Battle Golf Battle Golf

Fun little game there. Loved the different platforms, especially the whale and octopus. Birds made for some interesting deflections :D

Fate Machine 1.0 Fate Machine 1.0

I am Always lonely Stinkwarren, the incredibly soggy scientist. My destiny is to break the Ottoman Empire!

Bullet Bill 3 Bullet Bill 3

10/10

Everything you'd expect from this wily Scottish kid. Great job man. It's been too long, but I thought I'd drop by for ol' time's sake :)

DK Arcade Returns 2 DK Arcade Returns 2

10.

Just take it, man. It's been awhile.

LilDwarf responds:

:O Indeed, it's been too long! Last time we spoke was a couple of years ago haha! I hope all is well, and I'm glad you still hang around here! Say hi to Brian for me if you ever see him. Take care buddy, stay in touch!

Defend Your Nuts Defend Your Nuts

Yo Dawg I Defended My NUTS!

That was awesome, man. A simple defense game with cute graphics and a fun sense of humor. Loved blasting the bones off of those skeletons as a wack-ass squirrel with a bazooka. Awesome. 5/5

Riddles of Renaissance Riddles of Renaissance

Top Class

This was a refreshing submission. Excellent selection of fine paintings -- I recognized "St. George and the Dragon" from an English Literature class I took last year. The riddles were generally sufficient; I felt that a few were quite witty while a minority of them were too transparent. But, that is all very subjective and certainly not enough to take away from the innovation and originality of the game.

mrty responds:

I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the review.

Besieged Besieged

Great Defense Game

This game, with only seven towers/structures available, exceeded all of my expectations.

Ironically, the limited selection made the gameplay quite difficult. I lost on the second level at least three times in a row due to poor strategy and tower placement. It became apparent very quickly that the meager construction options meant that each and every tower must play a critical role in the overall defense.

Some of the more unique features of the game include an auto-upgrade system and achievements that actually benefit the player. The auto-upgrades appeared to be a setback at first, because I felt that a manual system would test the player's strategies and decision making to a greater extent. But, I discovered that the auto system presented a dimension of strategy in its own right. For example, I would oftentimes get caught between a risky, early Cannon Tower strat (for greater firepower) and the more reliable, mass Archer Tower strat. Again, the small selection made each tower crucial, and I found myself losing to the very last enemy or barely squeeking by on more than one occasion.

The fact that the achievements boosted your power - instead of just boosting your ego a bit - was such a pleasant surprise. Yet, I felt that the game a bit too easy as I amassed those shiny trophies. In this sense, Level II seemed much harder than Level V because by then I had all of those nice perks working in my favor. That being said, it was still an innovative idea and a big plus in my book.

Overall, you guys did a nice job. It would have been nice to see some arrows and cannonballs flying across the screen, but I supposed that would've lagged things up quite a bit. Great work, and props to Maestro for the fitting soundtrack! [5/5]

Neuron Neuron

Solid Game

Well, this isn't the best point-and-click shooter I've played, but it's put together pretty well.

I thought the upgrade system was fair and adequate, although the distracting "NEW ACHIEVEMENT/PERK" message was completely unnecessary (i.e. I lost a life on my first try because the pointless "whoopee you got your first kill" message popped up). In a game that tests your coordination and demands your full attention, the last thing the player needs is a distraction from the actual interface.

The graphics were obviously minimal, but they did their job. I thought the motion blurs were a bit over the top on the default setting, but then again, there were quality controls, etc. The controls were fine, which is the most important aspect of any game. I believe the excellence in that department saved this game from mediocrity.

I know I'm being critical, but I felt like this game had potential that you didn't fully exploit. Still, it was a lot of fun, and, surprisingly, it was quite a challenge as well. Good work. [4/5]

spectre1989 responds:

Thanks for the lengthy and informative review, I'll be sure to take these points into account if I make a sequel. Cheers!

Little Wheel Little Wheel

Awesome

There was so much style crammed into such a simple concept. Although the game itself was hardly a challenge, the overall craftsmanship - from the sleek graphics and 3D animation to the nifty little puzzles - was top notch. For these reasons, it almost had a Pixar-esque feel to it, which is always a good thing. The smooth jazz in the background was merely the icing on the cake, but was also a quintessential element of the game's class.

Fun and unique with a minimal learning curve - an exemplary flash game! Fantastic job. [5/5]